The Central Authorities on Friday stated chook flu in poultry birds has been confirmed thus far in 9 states — Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
Throughout crow/migratory/wild birds, Avian Influenza has been reported in 12 states — Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
“Until twenty second January, 2021 outbreaks of Avian Influenza (Chicken flu) have been confirmed in 9 States (Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab) for poultry birds and in 12 States (Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab) for Crow/Migratory/ Wild birds,” an official assertion stated.
Standing of Avian Influenza in India:
1) Avian Influenza has been confirmed in poultry samples from Almora (RKPura, Hawalbagh) district of Uttarakhand; Somnath (Dolasa, Kodinar) district of Gujarat.
2) Avian Influenza has been confirmed in crows in Jammu and Kashmir (Kulgam, Anantnag, Budgam and Pulwama); in Kaliji Pheasantbird within the Tehri vary of Uttarakhand.
3) Crow samples submitted from the Alwar district of Rajasthan have been discovered damaging for Avian Influenza.
4) Management and Containment Operations (Cleansing and Disinfection) are happening within the affected epicentres of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Kerala.
5) All of the states are reporting to the Division of Animal Husbandry on day by day foundation relating to the management measures adopted by the States/UTs based mostly on the Revised Motion Plan for Preparedness, Management and Containment of Avian Influenza 2021.
6) The Division is taking steady efforts to generate consciousness about Avian by means of platforms together with social media platforms like Twitter, Fb handles.