The Meals Security and Requirements Authority of India (FSSAI) has urged folks and meals companies “to not panic” and guarantee correct dealing with and cooking of poultry meat and eggs for protected consumption. FSSAI has instructed precautions to be taken at retail meat retailers and by customers and people dealing with or processing poultry meat. The regulator additionally mentioned the World Well being Group (WHO) has acknowledged it’s fit for human consumption poultry meat and eggs and that there is no such thing as a epidemiological information to recommend the illness could be transmitted to people by cooked meals.
The Centre on Saturday mentioned hen flu in poultry has been confirmed to this point in 9 states of Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. Avian influenza has been confirmed in 12 states for crow/migratory/wild birds. “Until January 23, 2021, outbreaks of Avian Influenza (Chook flu) have been confirmed in 9 states (Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab) for poultry birds,” the ministry of fisheries, animal husbandry and dairying mentioned in a press release.
Additionally learn | Chook flu received’t scare away avid birders
Chook flu has been confirmed in 12 states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab for crow/migratory/wild birds.
Listed below are the rules issued by FSSAI for consuming and dealing with poultry, meat and eggs:
1. Meat and eggs from areas with outbreaks in poultry shouldn’t be eaten uncooked or partially cooked.
2. Individuals shouldn’t eat half-boiled eggs and undercooked rooster. They need to not maintain uncooked meat in open and never have direct contact with uncooked meat.
3. Individuals shouldn’t have direct contact with birds within the contaminated areas, keep away from touching lifeless birds with naked fingers and use masks and gloves whereas dealing with uncooked rooster.
Additionally learn | Chook flu: New circumstances set off second wave issues
4. Individuals shouldn’t purchase eggs or poultry meat sourced from hen flu-infected areas and keep away from going to open markets that promote poultry in contaminated areas.
5. Retail retailers ought to to not deliver any dwell or slaughtered or lifeless poultry birds from the avian influenza outbreak areas and in addition not permit it to enter into the meals chain.
6. Individuals ought to use gloves and masks through the dealing with and preparation of uncooked poultry or poultry merchandise. They have to wash fingers and different uncovered elements with cleaning soap and water earlier than and after dealing with uncooked poultry meat.
7. All surfaces and utensils which have been in touch with the uncooked meat ought to be washed and disinfected.
8. Knives and reducing boards have to be cleaned and sanitised between reducing and slaughtering two birds. All of the waste generated from retail poultry retailers have to be correctly disposed of. The identical chopping board or the identical knife that’s used for reducing uncooked poultry meat ought to be used for another meals merchandise earlier than sanitising it or completely washing it with cleaning soap or detergent.
9. Hen shouldn’t be washed in working water whereas dealing with and cooking of poultry meat as it could trigger water splashing and unfold of droplets contaminating the environment.
10. Contact ought to be averted with hen droppings.
(With company inputs)